~Brigade Bar~ > General Discussion

One Man's Generosity

(1/3) > >>

Genichiro:
A generous man buys out a K-mart's stock for charity

I have to give props to Mr. Paynter. There aren't too many people out there who would go out and buyout the stock of a store and give it away to charity. It's great to know the needy children of his community won't have to be cold this winter. That's the kind of gift that keeps on giving. It's great to see a wealthy person know when it's time to give back for the sake of those who aren't as well off. If only every wealthy individual in the world thought the same, then the world would be a better place to live in.

hoob:
/like Mr. Paynter

Onion:
What does this have to do with wealthy people? If every person in america donated a single dollar to a single charity how much good do you think it would do? Zero. Cause its not happening. Back to this rich guy. Why buy out the store instead of giving plain money? Are the starving poor people going to eat these clothes? Charities dont make public/a big deal about checks. They get generous donations all the time. What this man wanted was recognition and he got it by buying out the store's stock to make a big impact/scene and get some facetime and end up in an article. And look, it worked.

Genichiro:
It's possible he was just after the fame; I'm not a mind reader, so I dunno. Having warm clothes in winter is just as important as having food. Eating won't do you too much good if you end up freezing to death or getting ill due to exposure. :XD:

Cirno:
Wow, that's awesome! I wish I had the money to do something cool like that! I would totally place in the snow with the kids in the winter, too!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version