Author Topic: Women in the Military  (Read 83 times)

Offline Genichiro

• Master of the Sword
  • Administrator
  • Thanks 5
  • The green eyed monster strikes the Idol pics!
    • View Profile
    • Tondemonai Fansubs
Women in the Military
« on: May 14, 2012, 19:29 »
Long, but very informative article

I ended up reading this on a whim, since today's news isn't all that interesting. I have to say, I learned quite a lot from reading this article. I haven't really given much thought to the issue. Two of my female cousins are marines, and while I'm sure they had a few extra obstacles to overcome, due to gender, I didn't really give it much thought. This certainly does bring a lot of things to attention. It's a shame that VA offices discriminate against women, stating they shouldn't be experiencing what they are, because they're not supposed to be in combat. If only military action could follow the rules in paper in practice, right? If it was that easy, wars would be could be decided by computer simulations, and we wouldn't have to bother with doing any actual fighting. I know at least one of cousins was forced to kill someone. Does the fact that she's a women remove the stress that comes with taking the life of another? I don't think so. It's good to know policies are evolving to recognize that women are just as important to the military as men, and should be treated as equals. Hopefully the day will come when there will be no more discrimination in the armed forces.
Beware what hides in the Sunflower field

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Offline Cirno

• Scissors Queen
  • Baka Legend
  • Thanks 3
  • That photo must go!
    • View Profile
  • Nickname: Cirno
Re: Women in the Military
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 08:15 »
Women can kick as much rear as any guy. I'll prove it to anyone who wants to know!

Offline MaiRie

• Tonde Staff
  • Thanks 1
    • View Profile
    • Mahou no Fairy Mirumo de Pon
  • Nickname: Mai
Re: Women in the Military
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 17:46 »
Well, that just reminds me of Katy Perry's Part of me. :D