Author Topic: Getting a Haircut  (Read 1753 times)

Offline Zen

• Knowledge Connoisseur
  • Baka Hero
  • Thanks 4
  • Ear licking good!
    • View Profile
    • Prairie Perspectives Photography
  • Nickname: Zensunni
Re: Getting a Haircut
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2012, 21:33 »
That is what they always say, but that doesn't explain why all of the men on my dad's side of the family have the same exact hairline, and my mom's dad didn't have that hairline...

Male pattern baldness runs in the female side of the family. Receding hairlines run in the male side, at least according to my family's experience...

As for the hair... I liked it before, sorry to say... It will grow back, just don't go back to that stylist. (Not that it looks bad now, just too short, especially for what you described as wanting done with it.)

EDIT: Because I was currious about the current state of genetic research on the issue, I looked it up. Here is what it said on Wikipedia, with citations, so I expect it is OK...
"Recent research confirmed the X linked androgen receptor as the most important gene. With a gene on chromosome 20 being the second most important determinant gene (snpedia). This research suggest that heredity AGA is X linked, however, research has also shown that a person with a balding father has a significantly greater chance of experiencing hair loss. Men whose fathers had experienced hair loss were 2.5 times more likely to experience hair loss themselves, regardless of the mother's side of the family, which may suggest Y linked heredity plays a role."

So, research has confirmed that the gene they know the most about is X linked, thus comes from the mother, but it is also true that you are 2.5 times more likely to experience hairloss if your father had hair loss... Sounds like they just haven't found the right gene! I have always been told that baldness comes from your mother's side, but I have always known it was BS! LOL!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 21:51 by zensunni »
Now officially open: The Zen of ... blog! - check it out!

"Falling isn't flying. It's the landing that makes all the difference." - Immortal by Brad Yoder

"let's be lonely all together, that could be lovely, it would be better" - Famous by Brad Yoder

With a normal girl, you worship the ground she walks on. A Tsundere walks on the ground you worship!