Author Topic: Can someone help me with a shoes question?  (Read 359 times)

buddysxqsh

Can someone help me with a shoes question?
« on: September 09, 2012, 13:26 »
why are my designer shoes warring on one side? I have been using normal shoes but haven?t noticed the problem before but the designer shoes recently bought have totally slant on one side the pair is ruined. I have used them for only about 3 months, what is the problem with the shoes?

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Offline Genichiro

• Master of the Sword
  • Administrator
  • Thanks 5
  • The green eyed monster strikes the Idol pics!
    • View Profile
    • Tondemonai Fansubs
  • Nickname: Genichiro
Re: Can someone help me with a shoes question?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 16:24 »
Are your feet really wide? I have the same problem with shoes. My wide feet make it hard for some types of shoes to fit on me, so all of my shoes end up slanting because of how they fit on my feet. If your other shoes are wider, it would explain why the same thing didn't happen to them.
Beware what hides in the Sunflower field

Offline Zen

• Knowledge Connoisseur
  • Baka Hero
  • Thanks 4
  • Ear licking good!
    • View Profile
    • Prairie Perspectives Photography
  • Nickname: Zensunni
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 17:16 »
I suppose a comment about combat boots ("warring" vs. "wearing") would fall under the nasty sense of humor or grammar Nazi category of posts...

Did I post that out loud?
Now officially open: The Zen of ... blog! - check it out!

"Falling isn't flying. It's the landing that makes all the difference." - Immortal by Brad Yoder

"let's be lonely all together, that could be lovely, it would be better" - Famous by Brad Yoder

With a normal girl, you worship the ground she walks on. A Tsundere walks on the ground you worship!

Offline MaxCapacitor

• New Baka
  • Thanks 0
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
  • Nickname: MaxCapacitor
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 03:02 »
Sounds like one side of the heel and/or ball of the shoe is grinding down and that these are dress shoes are made of a thick leather bottom sole (possibly a wooden heel). Could be numerous factors 1) daily use 2) shuffling feet when when walking 3) weight of person 4) leaning on edge of foot when walking.

I have work shoes that have the outer edges of the heel and ball of the feet worn down to the point where the rubber is gone and angles approx. 30 degrees. I work around 45 hours a week and am constantly on my feet, walking and running to and fro from my van, around town. In my case, I just do lots of running and plant my feet hard, making sharp turns to avoid obstacles and people while also carrying heavy objects.

Might be a good idea to see a foot doctor if the weight distribution of your foot isn't even. Could explain uneven wear on your nice designer dress shoes.

Offline Zen

• Knowledge Connoisseur
  • Baka Hero
  • Thanks 4
  • Ear licking good!
    • View Profile
    • Prairie Perspectives Photography
  • Nickname: Zensunni
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 09:50 »
Wow! Fantastic response Max! I agree that it could be a sign of something off in your gait or the way you distribute weight. That wouldn't be a problem with rubber souls, but with a real leather shoe, it becomes a problem. In addition, if it is something persistent in your gait that is a problem, it could eventually lead to similar wear on your hip or ankle joints, which is a bad deal. (My sister, who has one leg shorter than the other, had to have a hip replacement at the relatively young age of 50 despite having a lift in her shoe for most of the past 30 years. She is in much less pain now, but will probably have to have the replacement redone in 15 to 20 years. Expensive, not to mention that any surgery is always a risk! No fun!)
Now officially open: The Zen of ... blog! - check it out!

"Falling isn't flying. It's the landing that makes all the difference." - Immortal by Brad Yoder

"let's be lonely all together, that could be lovely, it would be better" - Famous by Brad Yoder

With a normal girl, you worship the ground she walks on. A Tsundere walks on the ground you worship!