Author Topic: Guilty Crown (May contain spoilers!)  (Read 329 times)

Offline Bonta-kun

• Baka Hero
  • Thanks 2
  • ゆーちゃん, かわいい です ね?
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
Guilty Crown (May contain spoilers!)
« on: April 29, 2012, 01:13 »

No!!! Inori-chan!!! For those who don't know ANYTHING about this anime series, refer to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guilty_Crown.

After watching all 22 episodes of this anime series, episode 12 seemed like a climax of the plot but felt there were still unanswered questions about how all this Void genome and Genome Resonance came about. Fortunately, the next 10 episodes introduced new plot line and at the same time, answering those doubts of the first 12 episodes. But hang on, was Inori-chan cloned from Ouma Mana? Seemed very likely so, thus the resemblance but different hair color. End of the day, both of them still chose Ouma Shu as their partners or lovers if you may. Hell, he did not go for wincest when he had the chance and resulted in apocalypse. WHY NOT, Shu??? You could have saved the world much earlier!!!

Ayase, wow they introduced a new form of moeism...if'd only all paraplegic girls were that hot. No offense, it just shows how extreme the animators, creators and producers wanted to improve the image of ladies on wheelchairs. Her character is strong-willed, prideful and yet emotional which seriously played a part in Shu's growth. Tsugumi is your usual tsun-tsun loli/flat-chested girl moe factor and Gai as the leader-like or 'ikemen' factor whom became Shu's idol.

I rather enjoyed this anime series but not too sure if it actually would appeal to non-mecha fans. Although not much mecha factor is involved, but harem is one of them. Humor factor is laughably non-existent but the usual moe factor is included.
Thus, I rate it 4/5.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 06:27 by KennethSS »

当麻:結婚 しましょう。ミ一シャ:本当 に???

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Offline Arte

• Global Moderator
  • Thanks 2
  • Kind of a translator
    • View Profile
  • Nickname: Arte
Re: Guilty Crown (May contain spoilers!)
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 11:25 »
I actually followed that series every week but in the end I felt rather disappointed...

The premise was good, it could have became a epic anime, but they focus on petty things... and hang on to some characters too long, while at some time discarding others.

I didn't really enjoy the end either so... I guess I followed it because I enjoyed the beginning, by the end I was watching because I was used to to it every week.
Where are the cookies?!

Offline Bonta-kun

• Baka Hero
  • Thanks 2
  • ゆーちゃん, かわいい です ね?
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 11:40 »
Well at least they attempted a decent ending. Abrupt endings aren't really what it should have been but this is a one season series, so they just tied up some loose ends to the plot. I wished Inori-chan survived though.

Offline Arte

• Global Moderator
  • Thanks 2
  • Kind of a translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 13:22 »
Well the ending reflects how they made the series... But yeh I also feel sorry that Inori had to die... And Shu being blind is also stupid after all that the guy is left with no GF and no Eyesight I think he hates the story maker... I would :D
Where are the cookies?!

Offline Zen

• Knowledge Connoisseur
  • Baka Hero
  • Thanks 4
  • Ear licking good!
    • View Profile
    • Prairie Perspectives Photography
  • Nickname: Zensunni
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 11:14 »
The ending was not the best, nor were many parts of the middle. The story really seemed to pull stuff out of it's rear far too much. My son's interpretation was that Inori is now inside Shu, having combined with him to save his life, or something like that. It kind of gave the impression that he is able to "see" her in his mind.

It wasn't the best series, but it had its strong points. Killing the prettiest girl of the anime season wasn't one of them!
Now officially open: The Zen of ... blog! - check it out!

"Falling isn't flying. It's the landing that makes all the difference." - Immortal by Brad Yoder

"let's be lonely all together, that could be lovely, it would be better" - Famous by Brad Yoder

With a normal girl, you worship the ground she walks on. A Tsundere walks on the ground you worship!

Offline Arte

• Global Moderator
  • Thanks 2
  • Kind of a translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 15:38 »
It wasn't the best series, but it had its strong points. Killing the prettiest girl of the anime season wasn't one of them!

Loved that one :D
Where are the cookies?!

Offline Bonta-kun

• Baka Hero
  • Thanks 2
  • ゆーちゃん, かわいい です ね?
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 08:20 »
The plot itself was iffy to begin with and no effort was made to improve throughout the series.

Adding hot chick (Inori-chan) and then killing her at the end should not have been part of the plan. However, I remember Gai mentioning that the crystals hold memories as Daath would have preferred. So maybe Shu's eyes had crystals in it and memories of Inori-chan are in them, thus indirectly he can see her and be with her forever.