Author Topic: Bandai Entertainment to Discontinue all Home Video, Manga, and Novel Sales  (Read 125 times)

Offline Zen

• Knowledge Connoisseur
  • Baka Hero
  • Thanks 4
  • Ear licking good!
    • View Profile
    • Prairie Perspectives Photography
They had already announced that they would not be putting out anything new, but had said they would continue shipping items in their existing catalog, but now Bandai Entertainment has announced that they are discontinuing all home video, manga, and novel shipments. The final shipment of manga and novels will go out by the end of October, with the final DVD/BluRay shipment going out by the end of November.

So, if there are any Bandai produced anime that you want to buy, I would suggest you part with the money now, as the prices are bound to go up as availability drops! I ordered The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, True Tears, and Please Teacher yesterday. I thought about getting Haruhi season 2 (I already own season 1), but I couldn't justify spending the kind of money it costs for something that I only really like half of. (Believe it or not, it is not the Endless Eight that I don't care for, but Sigh. I don't like the novel very much either...)
Now officially open: The Zen of ... blog! - check it out!

"Falling isn't flying. It's the landing that makes all the difference." - Immortal by Brad Yoder

"let's be lonely all together, that could be lovely, it would be better" - Famous by Brad Yoder

With a normal girl, you worship the ground she walks on. A Tsundere walks on the ground you worship!

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Offline Genichiro

• Master of the Sword
  • Administrator
  • Thanks 5
  • The green eyed monster strikes the Idol pics!
    • View Profile
    • Tondemonai Fansubs
  • Nickname: Genichiro
That sucks. I don't have the funds for any anime purchases right now. Oh well. :TT TT:
Beware what hides in the Sunflower field

Offline Cirno

• Scissors Queen
  • Baka Legend
  • Thanks 3
  • That photo must go!
    • View Profile
  • Nickname: Cirno
That's a bummer. Well, once prices get to high and licenses expire, the rippers will fill the void.