~Brigade Bar~ > Headline News

Man fesses up to a lifetime of 'pranks' in obituary

(1/3) > >>

Zen:
A Utah man who died at the age of 59 of throat cancer wrote his own obituary and in it, he came clean on a number of pranks, crimes, and misrepresentations he had perpetrated over his cigarette shortened life.

Among the confessions in his final note to the world, the topper has to be this:

--- Quote ---First up, the former engineer admits he never earned the advanced degree from the University of Utah that gained him entrance to his chosen professional career:

"What happened was that the day I went to pay off my college student loan at the U of U, the girl working there put my receipt into the wrong stack, and two weeks later, a PhD diploma came in the mail. I didn't even graduate, I only had about 3 years of college credit. In fact, I never did even learn what the letters 'PhD' even stood for."
--- End quote ---
WOW! That is just dumb luck, and blatant dishonesty, that probably netted the guy a couple of million dollars extra over the course of his career! The average salary for guys that finished 3 years of college and haven't got a degree compared to Engineering PhD's has to be pretty freakin' large!

Genichiro:
Ain't that something? It's amazing what a little error can do, even more amazing that the knowledge deficiencies he had compared to his peers that actually did have a PhD didn't hinder him from having a successful career. At least the man got a chance to live life to the fullest before it ended. Glad to see him mention that people shouldn't smoke.

Cirno:
Wow, I wish I could just accidentally get a PhD. I wouldn't try to put rocks in a geyser, though.

Genichiro:
Cirno with a PhD... the world would end. :omg:

Cirno:
That's not nice! I could earn one if I really wanted it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version