Author Topic: Supreme Court upholds healthcare law in a 5-4 vote!  (Read 110 times)

Offline Genichiro

• Master of the Sword
  • Administrator
  • Thanks 5
  • The green eyed monster strikes the Idol pics!
    • View Profile
    • Tondemonai Fansubs
  • Nickname: Genichiro
Ah, you beat me to it. Looks like you got the early version of the announcement; the vote was 5-4, not 6-3. Anyway, here's the articles I was going to present:

In his majority 5-4 opinion on Thursday, Chief Justice John Roberts upheld the constitutionality of the signature domestic policy achievement of President Barack Obama's administration, the Affordable Care Act. In doing so, he and his court earned the ire of conservatives.

"This was an activist court that you saw today," Tea Party favorite Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) told reporters. "Anytime the Supreme Court renders something constitutional that is clearly unconstitutional, that undermines the credibility of the Supreme Court. I do believe the court's credibility was undermined severely today," she said, later adding that Congress could now force you to buy Ikea furniture.

Full article here

WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama praised the Supreme Court's 5-4 decision that his signature health care law was constitutional Thursday, calling the ruling "a victory for people all over this country."

"The highest court in the land has now spoken. We will continue to implement this law," he said, speaking to cameras in the East Room of the White House. "With today's announcement it is time for us to move forward, to implement and when necessary improve on this law."

Article here

I'm glad to see Obamacare upheld by the Supreme Court. Maybe now we can finally move on past this debate. Or at least, that's what we should do. Even though this law helps so many people in so many ways, Republicans still want to repeal it. Every single response I've seen from a Republican aligned individual condemns the law. It's not surprise to see Romney come out against it now, even though he had support for similar policies in the past. Sarah Palin reminded up once again why should would do the nation a favor by sewing her mouth shut, Michele Bachmann reminded us why she needs to jump off a cliff, John Boehner reminded us why the Speaker's gavel should be taken away from him, Jim Cantor reminded us why he needs to be voted out of office, and Rick Santorum reminded us why he would have been a poor choice to lead this nation. I'm with President Obama; five, ten, twenty years from now, we'll all be able to look back at this, and know that our politicians made the right choice. Look at the other nations that have government healthcare. Their people live better lives, and not a single person is complaining. Maybe we should learn to live by their example and enjoy what we've been given today, instead of continuing to find the same political battles over and over again.
Beware what hides in the Sunflower field