Author Topic: AZ Immigration Law Partially Upheld, Romney Reply  (Read 70 times)

Offline Genichiro

• Master of the Sword
  • Administrator
  • Thanks 5
  • The green eyed monster strikes the Idol pics!
    • View Profile
    • Tondemonai Fansubs
AZ Immigration Law Partially Upheld, Romney Reply
« on: June 25, 2012, 19:36 »
WASHINGTON -- Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney expressed disappointment Monday with the Supreme Court's ruling on an Arizona immigration law, saying more latitude, not less, should be given to the states.

After he and his staff repeatedly dodged questions on his thoughts on the opinion, Romney finally gave a more specific comment when speaking with reporters on Monday afternoon, according to a pool report.

Full article here

Well, I find it rather disturbing that the "show your papers" provision was upheld by the Supreme Court. Such a law provides for discrimination, something that should never be legal in any kind of way. Immigration is a national issue that should be handled by federal law, not by state law. The states should have no say in the matter. I also find it rather bothersome that all the Republicans are happy the "show your papers" provision remains, while only the Democrats are showing disappointment. You would think in a country made possible by immigration that laws governing it would fair policies that should have been established long before now. The fact that we're still debating them well over two hundred years after the founding of the nation is rather troubling, isn't it? Hopefully we'll see a federal law soon that over rules this embarrassment of a policy and sets forth proper policy to make sure that all people coming into this country are treated fairly.
Beware what hides in the Sunflower field

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Offline Cirno

• Scissors Queen
  • Baka Legend
  • Thanks 3
  • That photo must go!
    • View Profile
  • Nickname: Cirno
Why am I not surprised Romney is using this as a chance to take a shot at Obama?

Offline Genichiro

• Master of the Sword
  • Administrator
  • Thanks 5
  • The green eyed monster strikes the Idol pics!
    • View Profile
    • Tondemonai Fansubs
It's what people like him do; try to take advantage of a terrible situation. Why he thinks doing something to upset Latino voters is a good idea, I'll never know.
Beware what hides in the Sunflower field

Offline Cirno

• Scissors Queen
  • Baka Legend
  • Thanks 3
  • That photo must go!
    • View Profile
  • Nickname: Cirno
Let him upset people; the more people not voting for him, the more voting for Obama.