Author Topic: NATO Summit: Leaders Discuss End of Afghan War  (Read 49 times)

Offline Genichiro

• Master of the Sword
  • Administrator
  • Thanks 5
  • The green eyed monster strikes the Idol pics!
    • View Profile
    • Tondemonai Fansubs
NATO Summit: Leaders Discuss End of Afghan War
« on: May 21, 2012, 21:30 »
CHICAGO ? President Barack Obama and leaders around the globe locked in place an Afghanistan exit path Monday that will still keep their troops fighting and dying there for two more years, acknowledging there never will be point at which they can say, "This is all done. This is perfect."

Obama, presiding over a 50-nation war coalition summit in his hometown, summed up the mood of all the nations by saying the Afghanistan that will be left behind will be stable enough for them to depart ? good enough after a decade of war_ but still loaded with troubles.

Full Article Here

I was worried about this one at first. After the Bales incident, and resulting aftermath, I was beginning to worry we would be forced to stay past the 2014 deadline that the Obama Administration has been pushing for the past few years. I'm glad to see the 2014 pullout plan has at last been finalized. At long last, we'll finally leave behind full military presence in Afghanistan after over a decade of armed conflict in the Middle East. I would say this is another promise of the Obama Administration kept, though I won't say too much on it until our troops are back home. Obama is right that there will be no perfect time to leave Afghanistan. There's always going to be militarist extremists fighting against freedom for the sake of their own way of life. It's time we left Afghanistan to the Afghans. I don't have issue with small special units and financial support, as there's no doubt in my mind militants will attempt to take advantage of our troops coming home, but this is the best past for us to follow at this point in time. If conditions allow for our troops to come home sooner, than I'm all for it, but only if conditions allow for it. Hopefully things will finally start to settle over there, and we can finally worry about domestic issues over fighting a war no one asked us fight.
Beware what hides in the Sunflower field

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Offline Cirno

• Scissors Queen
  • Baka Legend
  • Thanks 3
  • That photo must go!
    • View Profile
  • Nickname: Cirno
This is great news! I hope nothing else happens to mess it up this time!

Offline Genichiro

• Master of the Sword
  • Administrator
  • Thanks 5
  • The green eyed monster strikes the Idol pics!
    • View Profile
    • Tondemonai Fansubs
That makes two of us, and even if something does happen, I hope we can maintain our commitment to leave.
Beware what hides in the Sunflower field