Author Topic: Anime Central 2012  (Read 139 times)

Offline Genichiro

• Master of the Sword
  • Administrator
  • Thanks 5
  • The green eyed monster strikes the Idol pics!
    • View Profile
    • Tondemonai Fansubs
Anime Central 2012
« on: May 05, 2012, 05:37 »
I believe most of you know this already, but I was at Anime Central last weekend in Rosement, IL. Many, many good times were had out there! Oddly enough, most of the fun I had wasn't even related to the con!
One of the best moments took place at Shoeless Joe's Bar and Grill, just down the road from the convention center. They have a challenge called "Da Big Hurt Challenge," a burger made with a 35oz patty. I tore through it in fifteen minutes. But that's not the fun part. The real fun began when our pal Isamu brought out a vial of Blair's 3AM. Rated at 1.5-2 Million Scoville Units, a drop will light you up. We put drops of this on chips, and gave it to people willing to try it. Some took it better than others. (Caution, video contains mild language) To be fair, we warned everyone, and I took a drop myself. Has a nice smokey flavor, before the heat hits you.

I thought it was a fun panel to watch/participate in. With them doing it in character, they made it more fun for me to watch!
Photoshoots are my favorite part of cons! I'll pull up some pictures with me in them later. I don't have any of my own, so I'll have to borrow from others (don't have a camera, and I lost my phone :( )

That's it outside of con programming. Pretty much hung out, went to restaurants, and hit up the Reign of Thunder set up. That game was fun to play; can't wait for it's release!
:yuush:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 08:04 by Genichiro »
Beware what hides in the Sunflower field

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Offline Cirno

• Scissors Queen
  • Baka Legend
  • Thanks 3
  • That photo must go!
    • View Profile
  • Nickname: Cirno
Re: Anime Central 2012
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 09:50 »
Gen can be so mean to people when at a bar. At least you tried it, too!

Offline Genichiro

• Master of the Sword
  • Administrator
  • Thanks 5
  • The green eyed monster strikes the Idol pics!
    • View Profile
    • Tondemonai Fansubs
Re: Anime Central 2012
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 07:31 »
Mean? Maybe, but we did have some fun. :high:
Beware what hides in the Sunflower field