Poll

Will you be watching Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo?

Yes
3 (100%)
No
0 (0%)
Nyan
0 (0%)
Maybe
0 (0%)
Huh?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: Fall series: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo  (Read 238 times)

Offline Zen

• Knowledge Connoisseur
  • Baka Hero
  • Thanks 4
  • Ear licking good!
    • View Profile
    • Prairie Perspectives Photography
Fall series: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
« on: September 18, 2012, 12:17 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/3dWyWX7y3Xo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/3dWyWX7y3Xo</a>
Synopsis (from MAL)
The school romantic comedy revolves around a second-year high school student named Sorata Kanda who lives in Sakurasou, the dormitory for problem children at Sorata's school. One day, Mashiro Shiina ?a cute girl who happens to be also a cosmopolitan, brilliant artist? moves into Sakurasou.

Sorata thinks to himself that he should protect Mashiro from the weirdos at Sakurasou, but Mashiro has a surprising secret: she has no idea how to take care of herself. She gets lost if she goes out, and her room is a complete mess. Sorata's dorm mates designate him as the "master" of Mashiro, and thus, an ordinary boy and a brilliant girl must live like "a master and his pet."

What the synopsis leaves out is that the reason Sorata ended up living in Sakurasou is that he couldn't resist taking in stray cats, which was against the rules of the dorm he was living in. That is what makes him a "problem child". The others in Sakurasou? Hard to say, but they are bound to be eccentric! Also, the dorm mother, or whatever you call the adult in charge, is Shiina's aunt. She pretty much sets Sorata up, expecting his tendency to help strays will kick in when he meets the totally brilliant, but befuddled beauty that is her niece. (Conveniently relieving her of the responsibility of caring for her!)

I read the first few chapters of the manga adaptation of this, and it looks very funny, if a bit predictable. I am looking forward to it!
Now officially open: The Zen of ... blog! - check it out!

"Falling isn't flying. It's the landing that makes all the difference." - Immortal by Brad Yoder

"let's be lonely all together, that could be lovely, it would be better" - Famous by Brad Yoder

With a normal girl, you worship the ground she walks on. A Tsundere walks on the ground you worship!

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Offline Zen

• Knowledge Connoisseur
  • Baka Hero
  • Thanks 4
  • Ear licking good!
    • View Profile
Re: Fall series: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 12:20 »
Here is the standard PV. (The one above is the Mashiro and Sorata version)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/zadEh-7NGHM?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/zadEh-7NGHM?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
If I am not mistaken, the opening line there by Mashiro is something along the lines of "Sorata [something I can't translate] I love you." An interesting introduction to the characters! :)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 12:22 by zensunni »

"Falling isn't flying. It's the landing that makes all the difference." - Immortal by Brad Yoder

"let's be lonely all together, that could be lovely, it would be better" - Famous by Brad Yoder

With a normal girl, you worship the ground she walks on. A Tsundere walks on the ground you worship!

Offline Genichiro

• Master of the Sword
  • Administrator
  • Thanks 5
  • The green eyed monster strikes the Idol pics!
    • View Profile
    • Tondemonai Fansubs
  • Nickname: Genichiro
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 07:29 »
This one looks like fun. Hopefully I'll find the time to actually watch a series this season. :XD:
Beware what hides in the Sunflower field

Offline Cirno

• Scissors Queen
  • Baka Legend
  • Thanks 3
  • That photo must go!
    • View Profile
  • Nickname: Cirno
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 04:26 »
Might watch, might not. It sounds cute

Offline SaiteiOni

• Junior Baka
  • Thanks 0
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
  • Nickname: oni
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 04:24 »
sounds like fun... fall season is nearly over isnt it? was it worth watching???

Offline Zen

• Knowledge Connoisseur
  • Baka Hero
  • Thanks 4
  • Ear licking good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 14:02 »
I have enjoyed the hell out of this show. It continues into the new year, so it isn't almost over. I am a couple of weeks behind on just about everything right now though...